On February 26, 1926, First English Lutheran was incorporated. A church was built in 1929 on the corner of Second and Lincoln Streets. The church was rededicated on October 29, 1950, with a new name “Gloria Dei Lutheran Church”. Groundbreaking for a new building was held on May 6, 1956 at the current location of 301 N Lincold St. In 1988, the church constitution
was amended reflecting the merger of the ALC into the ELCA. A new addition was completed on June 16, 1996, adding a new kitchen, a large fellowship hall, meeting room and expanded narthex on the upper level and the additon of a choir room, classroom and storage on the lower level. Over these years, the congregation has been served by 23 installed and/or interim pastors.